Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Cleanse Day, 6! 1/31 First Day Without a Car and Heading Uphill

          Day 6. Monday. First day back at work and without a car. If Monday's use to be a bitch, it was now menopause. I woke up, a little more energized than usual. Drank the horrible salt water mixture, which took me right until the last minute. Then I got dressed, uncaringly and quickly. So I could walk in the cold instead of drive in my toasty car.  It's not exactly welcomed for me to drive to work, but I do it anyways. Japan is bloody cold. I'm freezing 90% of the day. So biking or walking got crossed off the list when I couldn't feel my toes inside my own house. But this was the first day in months where I HAD to do one or the other. I chose to bike.
            I woke up filling energized so I didn't think it would be an issue to use the bike and get to work a little faster. I hopped on my little-blue slowmobile  and began to petal. It is the same kind of bike that all the Obachans (grandmothers) and students use to get town so slowly in. Slowly because of the pace in which they petal or walk their bikes. Anyway, I began to petal, pushing the wind into body and bike. Good god or who-ever-it-is-you-believe-in it was cold outside! My hands and body were wrapped tightly in my peacoat (sent from home), a pair of gloves, and a scarf. And of course, as most days, I had my vans on. Still my entire body felt like ice. My face could feel the bitter sting. I pushed forward, Pedaling hard so I could fly by all the obachans. Only this morning, the obachans were flying pass me! Was I really pedaling that slow? Yup. I was more exhausted from the cleanse than I realized, and maybe more out of shape than I hoped to be. Nonetheless, it felt great. I pushed myself passed the obachans, and struggled to get myself over the steep hill leading to my office building. I was exhausted but I decided that I should probably bike to work everyday, even if my face did "feel the bitter sting." The problem was it took twice as long to warm up in my pretty cold office. And upon biking home for lunch (which I just rested during since I can't eat real food at the moment), I couldn't take the cold. I ended up walking back to work. I'll solve this issue with time.
             It just felt nice to get out there. So I've decided it's back to work out Panda. Once off the diet, I'll ease back into running 4 miles a day, even in this bitter cold. Oh, how I wish my town had a gym, as much as I hate tread mills, I hate running in the frost bitting wind more. The ideal hours to run in the winter, are those that have me stuck in an office. So I will have to toughen up. And I'll start doing other things to keep in shape. Day 6 was basically all about the "4 more days left, you made it over the hump" chant. And getting back in shape thoughts.

Cravings: I was craving wheat toast- toasted, a boca burger fake chx patty-lightly browned, with hummus and lettuce. This was the first day I craved something i could not get in Japan when this diet was done. It is the thing I miss the most back home, because it was in my daily diet and it kept me in shape! I miss it dearly. I'll be attempting to learn how to make the breaded patties from scartch in Japan. ...Don't worry I'll share how I did it. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment