Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Cleanse, Day 7, 2/1 A Day of Bliss.

       Day 7. Tuesday.  If you google the cleanse online, many sites will call day 7 something like "The Day of Bliss." Supposedly, those of us on this diet will feel some sort of natural high during day 7. I've completed the diet once before and even I was wondering what the #$^& they were talking about. But this morning I woke up feeling amazing. I had a ton of energy and for the first time in months, I was smiling on my own for no reason at all.   I put on my favorite hoodie which my mom just sent to me and which I do a good bit of my writing in (don't ask), I ran down stairs made the salt water mixture, came back upstairs and drank it the disgusting thing without much thought to it.  Simply, I watched a show and then play music. I just sat and thought about life, my life. And I just felt good for once.
       Day 7 hasn't really been a struggle. I just want to nap a little and then write. Biking was easier today the yestrday. I  called into work late so when I biked this morning, there were no obachans to compete with but I was much faster today. It felt good, but tiring once again. More tiring than simply being out of shape would make someone. I know it's the diet. Walking up the stairs to work after the bike ride, feels exasperating. There is no way this short daily climb to the office would tire me out off the diet. On it it's a huge struggle.
        The  only problem with day 7 is I have had a headache for 4 days now, and I supects that for the next 3 I will continue to have one.  Outside of this diet, my headaches can last weeks. I just usually take a sinus pill strong enough to knock it out but there are no meds allowed on this detox diet soo here I go again. Waiting it out. It's annoying.
       In all, day 7 is easy aside from the exhaustion I feel the closer I get to the end of the day.  But I began today to realize what I might want to do about the decision to re-contract and stay in Japan or go home. It's just a beginning, still filled with doubt and confusion.  Hopefully, it becomes more clear. Maybe I just realized the things that keep me happy. Who knows.


Symptoms: Towards the end of the day, I began to feel exhausted all together. And my congestion felt worse.

Cravings: The same sandwhich as yesterday. Cheerios, every kind you can imagine. Raisin Brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment